Source Serif Pro is a serif typeface in the transitional style, designed to complement Source Sans. Their close companionship is achieved by a careful match of letter proportions and typographic color. While designed to harmonize with its serif-less counterpart, Source Serif often takes its own direction, in part because the two are inspired by different historical precedents. Source Serif is loosely based on the work of Pierre Simon Fournier, and many idiosyncrasies typical to Fournier’s designs (like the bottom serif on the b or the middle serif on the w) are also found in Source Serif. Without being a pure historical revival, Source Serif takes cues from the Fournier model and reworks it for a modern age.
Fonts version 3.000 (OTF, TTF, WOFF, WOFF2, Variable)
Changes to Italic styles:
- extend Latin character set from AL-3 to AL-4
- add Cyrillic (covering AC-2)
- add Greek (covering AG-1)
Changes to Roman styles:
- minor updates to spacing of modifer glyphs
- updates to some Cyrillic characters as suggested by external advisors
- minor updates to Cyrillic kerning
- updates to some Greek characters as suggested by external advisors
- overhaul ccmp feature to decompose accented glyphs when followed by combining mark, thus allowing double-stacking of accents
- add ccmp solution for Ukrainian її clash, also for Latin ïï
- add Bulgarian Cyrillic alternates both via locl and ss01 feature
- add Serbian/Macedonian Cyrillic alternates both via locl and ss02 feature
Roman and Italic styles now support the same global character set, in both static and variable versions.
Design, Publisher, Copyright, License
Design: Frank Grießhammer
Publisher: Adobe Systems Incorporated
Copyright 2014-2019 by Adobe Systems Incorporated , with Reserved Font Name ‘Source’. All rights reserved.
License: SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE
Frank Grießhammer was born in Nuremberg, Germany. He studied Graphic Design at HBKsaar in Saarbrücken, and at ISIA in Florence, Italy. In 2008, his graduation project led to the creation of the experimental type foundry Kiosk Fonts. An internship at FontShop International brought Frank to the Robothon 2009 conference in The Hague, which was a turning point for his career. He had the chance to spend the best year of his life studying at KABK The Hague, and graduated with a Master of Design in Type and Media in 2010. After a brief second stint at FontShop International in Berlin, Frank has been part of the Adobe Type Team since 2011, where he enjoys working on type and coding projects every day.Web:
Typefaces: Source Serif Pro
More… Adobe | Frank Grießhammer
Download v.4.004R: Source Serif Pro | Google Drive
Get permission to open a file on Google Drive
• Open the file.
• On the “You need permission” page, click “Request access”.
• The admins of the site will receive your request to access the file you want to download.
• After they approve your request, you’ll be notified by email.
Where to look for the latest version: GitHub